Salmon & Smoked Trout ‘Rillettes, Lime
Spring has been here for 10 days now !
And even if it’s grey and cold, even if we wander in rain boots, heavy coats and scarves… you can see in the woods and in the parks the very beginning of the Spring blossoming fever.
At the market, new vegetables are being displayed (pink radishes, cucumbers, fresh spinach…).
And next to those beautiful new veggies, fresh salmon and smoke trout (the real thing, organic and all!)!
Amazing enough to post a delicious recipe of fish ‘rillettes’ with lime.
- 70 g organic smoked salmon
- 300g fresh organic salmon
- 120g organic smoked trout
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- a nice parsley sprig
- the white part of a leek, sliced
- 1 handful coarse salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 200g soft butter
- salt and pepper
- the zest of one lime and its juice
- 8 slices of gluten-free bread
- In a pan, boil some water for 1/2 an hour with the carrots, the leek, the parsley, the onion and the coarse salt
- Add the fresh salmon and cook for approx. 15 minutes
- Dice the smoked salmon and trout
- Add the cooked salmon to the other fishes (before remove the bones and the skin of the cooked salmon)
- Mix with a fork and add the yolks and the butter; mix well again
- Toast the bread slices
- Spread the ‘rillettes’ on the bread, add salt and pepper, the lime zest and a dash of lime juice