Pumpkin, Carrot, Sweet Potato & Coconut Milk Soup
This soup is a concentrate of flavors and vitamins !
And talking about vitamins, as Winter is still around, we should eat a lot of vitamin A to prepare for a beautiful complexion when Spring comes !
With fresh chopped herbs, chia seeds and some peanuts (optional for the ones who can), trust me this soup is worth a try…
I’ve used some blue Hungarian pumpkin (its skin was light blue, a true beauty) but a regular pumpkin will do also the trick.
I’ve made my own stock for the soup but if you’re in a hurry, you can also use some vegetable stock bought in organic stores.
Ingredients for 100 cl vegetable stock:
- half a 21 cm pan filled up with water
- 200g pumpkin
- 150g celeriac
- one red onion
- one yellow onion
- one medium leek (white part) sliced
- 3 cm ginger, unpeeled and sliced
- one tsp coarse salt
Ingredients for the soup:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions diced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp pepper
- 7 small carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large butternut, peeled, seeded and diced (approx. 300g)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- few parsley and coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp unsalted peanuts (optional)
- Prepare the stock and let it simmer till the vegetables are cooked and tender
- Drain the vegetables and keep them, you will use them for a delicious mash later
- Set aside the stock
- In another pan, add the olive oil and the onions
- When the onions are slightly brown, add the other vegetables and the stock
- Let the preparation simmer on low heat till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the coconut milk and mix all the ingredients with a blender, till the preparation is homogeneous.
- Serve with some extra coconut milk, some parsley and coriander leaves, some chia seeds and few peanuts.