Acaï is the new ‘it thing’. You can have it in any juice bar or organic food restaurant…
But beyong that trend and because I always look for high-quality ingredients, I’ve decided to pay attention to this berry from Amazonia.
It seems this little palm fruit is loaded with antioxidants, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamin B and iron.
The easiest, quickest and delicious way to have it, is to make an acaï bowl.
Really easy. Take some acaï powder (you can find some in nearly all organic store, the best one being from Sol y Semilla) and mix it with fresh fruits to which you will add extra ingredients of your choice. I’ve added home made cereals (check my granola recipe) but you can add some coconut powder, plain cereals etc…)…the idea is to add some crunchiness !
You can adapt the recipe to all seasons with seasonal fruits.
Keep the acaï powder in a dry, dark and closed container in order to keep its properties and qualities.
- 2 frozen sliced bananas
- 4 tbsp acaï powder
- 1 tbsagave syrup cuillère à soupe de sirop d’agave
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or more depending on the consistency you want to reach)
- 6 tbsp organic granola
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 large handful organic blueblerries
- 1 handful mint leaves, cleaned and chopped
- In a blender, mix the frozen banana, the almond milk, the agave syrup and the acaï powder till you reach an homogenous mixture
- Pour the mix in your bowls and top with fresh fruits, granola and mint before serving immediately