A Spring Plate
I’m happy! New seasonal fruits and veggies are being sold at my favorite market !
I’ve found amazing stuff at my regular treasure hunt: new radishes, some pink, some fully white and even some Japanese ones (pink but much bigger). Some lemon thyme and some organic lemon with their beautiful leaves.
And some beets with their leaves (see my previous post on beet hummus).
Therefore, I wanted to share with you my Spring plate; a delight to eat with gluten-free crunchy warm bread or fine crackers !
- 2 heaped tbsp fresh goat cheese
- 1 fresh lemon thyme sprig
- 5 pink radishes, cleaned
- 5 white radishes, cleaned
- 1 japanese radish cleaned (if you don’t have that veggie, use some black radish or some fennel)
- some olive oil
- the juice of 1/2 an organic lemon
- 2 tbsp beet hummus (see my post on how to make beet hummus)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Guérande salt and pepper
- In a plate, display the pink radishes, the white and the Japanese ones (or the other veggie you have)
- Slice the Japanese radish with a mandolin and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Add the goat cheese and top with olive oil, lemon thyme, salt and pepper
- Serve the hummus and top with some ground cumin and salt