Grilled Sea Bass, Watermelon, Tarragon & Black Olives
If you’re enjoying your Summer holidays, you must have passed by a watermelon ! And did you know that watermelon should not only be a fruit salad ingredient or on a fruit stick but that it really goes very well with other salty ingredients?
Here’s a very easy to make fish recipe with seasonal ingredients. You can either have it warm or chilled.
Summer has just started !
- 400g sea bass, cut into middle to small chunks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup black olives (I’ve chosen black and purple ones, with different sizes and flavors)
- 2 peeled shallots, diced
- the juice of one organic lemon and some extra for serving
- 1 handful chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 quarter of a watermelon, diced (approx. 3 cups)
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Guérande salt and pepper
- In a pan, heat half of the olive oil and brown the shallots. Then add the watermelon, the agave syrup, the lemon juice and the black olives
- The watermelon is going to melt and soften softly (it should not as a puree)
- Set aside when done
- With the rest of the olive oil, grill the sea bass till golden
- In your serving dishes, place the fish and the watermelon/olive mixture. Sprinkle with tarragin, drizzle with some lemon juice, season to taste before serving