Butternut, Pumpkin Seeds, Fresh Goat Cheese & Rye Bread
It’s still the season for pumpkins and winter squashes, you can still find them on market stalls.
So we might as well cook them and eat them in so many different ways!
Here’s a ‘tartine’ recipe. The butternut does not crumble under the heat so it’s perfect for this kind of presentation.
And its sweetness combines really well with the salty goat cheese and the rye bread sharpness.
- 2 slice rye bread
- 2 cup butternut, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 handful pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh goat cheese
- the juice of half a lemon
- one handful of parsley and coriander leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- Place the butternut bits in an oven dish and sprinkle with olive oil. Let them roast till they are golden.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread some goat cheese, add the butternut bits, top with pumpkin seeds, salt, pepper and finish with a dash of lemon juice.