Green Pea ‘Cappuccino’
I’ve called this soup ‘Cappuccino’ because it’s extremely light with a slightly frothy texture while mixing all the ingredients.
It’s the full season for green peas (from May to July with a peak in June) so they are really easy to find on market stalls.
It’s a vegetable which cannot ‘wait’: as soon as it is picked, the sugar in it starts to turn into starch and change its flavor. Therefore buy really fresh shelled peas and eat them quickly. For the same reasons, only shell peas when you are ready to cook them.
Peas are full of plant proteins, vitamin B and C, as well as fibers.
You can also eat this soup, served at room temperature.
- 300g of fresh green peas (or frozen)
- 1 large shallot, peeled and diced
- 20 cl almond milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp grated parmesan
- 1 large handful mint leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a pan, brown the shallot with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- In an bowl, keep 1 tsp of green peas for each person / Same for the mint, keep a pinch
- When the shallot is slightly golden, add the peas and cook them for one minute, stirring constantly
- Cover with water and let the peas cook for 7 minutes
- Mix the peas, add the almond milk, the remaining olive oil and the mint
Purée the soup until smooth and pass through a sieve
- Place the remaining peas in the small serving bowls and top slowly with the soup
- Sprinkle with parmesan, chopped mint, salt and pepper