Gluten-Free Pappardelle, Porcini Mushrooms & Lemon Thyme
As a matter of fact, I love to cook for the following reasons: the idea to look for local producers and authentic products, to find those as a real treasure, to take my time to choose all my recipe ingredients and, once home, to cook them with all the needed patience and love.
And then, to please my relatives and beloved ones.
The pleasure is even more intense when you find those treasures yourself in the environment…and with the warmth of Indian Summer and the humidity at night, the wood overflows with dampened undergrowth favorable to mushrooms and moreover to delicious porcini mushrooms!
I’ve tried this delicious recipe with porcini mushrooms: a carbonara pasta with no dairy products and some lemon thyme…just divine !
- 500g porcini mushrooms (or other mushrooms), cleaned and diced
- 240g gluten-free parpadelle (or any other pasta of your choice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lemon thyme sprigs (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy cream (I use soy but you can use any other non- dairy milk)
- 2 egg yolks
- Guérande salt and pepper
- 1 handful parsley leaves, chopped
- In a pan, brown the mushrooms with olive oil and lemon thyme; Once they are golden, set aside
- In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks and the cream till you reach an homogeneous mixture
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water, following the instructions on the package
- Drain the pasta and pour them in the bowl with the yolks and cream; Mix well
- Pour the pasta in your plates, top with mushrooms and chopped parsley
- Season to taste before serving quickly