Watermelon Radish, Avocado & Rucola
A second recipe of a fully veggie carpaccio !
I’ve used some watermelon radish but you can replace it with some raw beetroot if you can’t find any, it’ll do just fine.
Top with fresh avocado, rucola, loads of lemon and a nice organic and first cold-pressed olive oil…and serve chilled.
Why do I insist on a first-cold pressed oil?
I recently visited a olive oil factory and I was explained the real difference.
Oil extracted from seeds and oleaginous fruits (sunflower, olives, hazelnuts) by cold press is the most traditional process.
The first cold-pressed oil keeps all his essential nutrients.
No chemical stuff, no refinement process. The only operations allowed to purify the oil are spinning and filtering: the guarantees to have a qualitative and nutritious oil.
And when ‘organic’ is written one the bottle label, you’re sure that the olives were not showered with pesticides…
- 1 large watermelon radish, peeled and sliced thinly with a mandolin
- 1 avocado, peeled and stoneless, then diced. Drizzle with some lemon juice to prevent it from darkening
- 2 large handful rucola, washed and dried
- the juice of one lemon
- olive oil (organic & first cold-pressed)
- salt and pepper
- In the plates, place the watermelon radish slices in a rose shape
- Top with the avocado dices, the rucola, the lemon juice, the olive oil , the salt and pepper