Coconut & Lemongrass Rice Noodle Soup
After a trip to an asian restaurant during the weekend, I was eager for another lemongrass and coconut milk soup !
I decided to make my own Thaï soup and found a classic recipe on the web. Here’s a very simple recipe with some twisted ingredients (you should have kaffir lemon leaves, I used basil instead).
Easy to cook for an amazing and tasteful result !
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth (without yeast)
- 1 cup water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, diced
- 2 cms fresh Ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp tamari sauce (gluten free soy sauce)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 10 shrimps (5 per person)
- one lime juice
- 2 tsp cane sugar
- one handful rice noodles
- one handful washed and fresh cilantro leaves
- In a pan, bring to a boil for approx. 5 minutes, the milk, water, broth, ginger and lemongrass.
- Then add the tamari, lime juice, curry powder, salt and sugar. You might want to remove the ginger and lemongrass from the soup before serving, I do not mind leaving those ingredients in my plate…
- Add the shrimps and the mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles (follow the packaging instructions).
- In a plate, display the noodles and the soup on top.
- Add some fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.