Vegan Chocolate ‘Crème’, Plums & Tarragon
You can still make this recipe and enjoy while Fall is still lasting, with plums like the green Reine-Claude and some blue ones called ‘quetsches’ in French (yes I know, hard to spell huh?).
The mix might seem strange at first sight but trust me the contrast between the sweetness of the fruits, the aniseed and peppered flavour of the tarragon, the bitterness of the dark chocolate and the ginger (more subtle) is amazing.
I’ve already published this ‘little crème’ recipe in the past, but I’ve given it a twist by adding some chocolate and hazelnut paste (the organic version of the Nutella paste).
- 400g silken tofu
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and 2 additional tsp to sprinkle before serving
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 tbsp organic chocolate and hazelnut paste (the organic version of Nutella, or use Nutella if you can find some)
- 3 blue plums, cleaned and pitted, then quartered
- 3 green plums, cleaned and pitted, then quartered
- 1 sprig of fresh tarragon
- With a blender, mix the tofu, the chocolate powder, the ground ginger, the agave syrup and the hazelnut paste
- Once you have an homogeneous mixture, pour the mix into small bowls and place in the fridge for few hours (at least 2 hours)
- Before serving, top with some fruits, some tarragon and sprinkle with cocoa powder