Fresh Fruit Muesli Tartlets
Taking the time to eat healthy and balanced breakfasts during the holidays is something that I really cherish. All year long, I take the time to eat a solid breakfast (I CANNOT leave the house with an empty stomach, this is just impossible for me) but sometimes, I lack time and I not creative enough, even though this would just require a little bit of organization and planning ahead.
The recipe in this post is really easy. Basically, it’s an adaptation of my granola recipe: the result is a colorful, delicious and fresh dish.
I’ve chosen red berries and kumquats for the zingy twist that I favor but you can easily change the fruits for the ones of your choice. I’ve picked goat milk yogurt but you can chose cow milk yogurt or any non-dairy yogurt (even chantilly!), any vegan cream or even fruit puree. You can even add unsweetened cocoa powder in the müesli mix for a chocolatey twist! Use your imagination and unleash your creativity !
One advice though: if you make them few hours before serving them, do fill them at the very last minute otherwise the müesli base will tend to get mushy… And if you really want to prepare them few days ahead, store them in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
For 15 tartlets
- 250g spelt oats (or any other cereals of your choice)
- 150g pumpkin seeds
- 40g grated coconut
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 150 ml organic maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 50g coconut oil
- 2 goat milk yogurt jars (approx 500g, it all depends of the quantity you add in the tartlets)
- some red berries (approx. 500g strawberries and 100g raspberries)
- one handful fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp maple syrup if you want to add more sugar to the yogurt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Prepare some small tartlet tins and cover the bottom with baking paper. Leave a extra paper bit on the side so you will be able to retrieve the tartlet base once baked
- In a large bowl, mix the cereals, the seeds, the coconut, the cinnamon, the vanilla, the maple syrup and the coconut oil
- Once the preparation is well mixed, add two scoops of it to each tartlet tin and spread it eavenly. Do press in as much as you can: this is the secret to get a tartlet base in one piece once they are coming out of the oven and their tin
- Bake for around twenty minutes till they are golden
- Remove from the oven, press again with the back of your spoon and allow to cool before adding the toppings
- Top with yogurt and fruits, as well as mint