Polenta Galette, Roasted Fennel & Tahini
When you cannot have wheat pizza anymore, you need to find different recipes to have this amazing dish.
I will post soon a cauliflower based pizza soon, but before that, here’s one galette made of corn polenta.
I’m a huge fan of polenta. You can have it as a flan, a puree, chips… a true delicious ingredient made of corn so low on gluten. Moreover, corn is high on vitamin A and B.
On the polenta galette, I’ve added roasted fennel but you can also easily top it with another veggie of your choice.
I’ve also added some fresh goat cheese and one egg yolk per person but you can get rid of those additional ingredients if you feel like it. They do add a lot to the dish in terms of flavors but this recipe will still be awesome if fully vegan.
For the polenta galette
- 1.5 cup corn polenta
- 3.5 à 4 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the tahini cream
- 1 cup tahini
- the juice of half a lemon
- 1 goat cheese yogurt (or oy milk)
For the topping
- 2 middle size fennels, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 large handful parsley leaves, chopped
- Guérande salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh goat cheeese (optional)
- 2 egg yolks (optional)
- 1 cup tamari
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Place the egg yolks in the tamari and leave it to ‘cook’ for at least 30 minutes
- Display the fennel in an oven proof dish and let it to roast with one tbsp olive oil till it’s caramelized. Let it in the oven on low temperature so you can keep it warm while you finish the preparation of the other ingredients
- Mix the tahini, the lemon juice and the yogurt till you reach an homogeneous mixture
- In a pan, mix the polenta and the water, stir well and then cook it. When bubbles start to form and when the polenta becomes thicker, remove it from the heat and spread it as a large circle in a oven dish covered with baking paper
- When the galette is cooked (the edges are slightly brown and the center looks dry too), remove from the oven
- Spread the tahini on the polenta galette
- Top with the fennel, add the parsley, the fresh goat cheese and the egg yolk (remove it slowly from the tamari with a spoon)
- Add olive oil, balsamic syrup and season to taste before serving warm