Roasted Gnocchi, Kale Pesto, Pistachios & Fresh Goat Cheese
It’s the end of the kale season and I still had this great recipe that I had to post.
The good thing about making pesto, is that you can store them in your freezer for a long time and unfreeze them just before you cook your pasta or toast some bread for veggie tartines for example.
A long time ago, I published recipes of different pestos (check the ‘sauce’ section) such as:
– one pesto with radish tops
– one with artichokes and lemons
– one made of radicchio and lemon
– one with spinach and basil
This kale pesto is really easy to make and the recipe comes with pistachios, parsley, fresh goat cheese on potato gluten-free gnocchi… delicious !
- 2 large kale leaves (without the central stem), cleaned and dried / 1 extra leaf to make the chips
- 1 large handful parsley leaves, cleaned and dried
- 1/4 cup olive oil / some more for the chips and to serve
- 1 pinch of Guérande salt and pepper / some more to serve
- 2 tbsp fresh goat cheese
- 4 tbsp plain pistachios, chopped
- 300g potato gnocchi (I used the Schär brand)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Brush some olive oil on the kale leaves (cut in small pieces) and place them in an oven -proof dish covered with baking paper till. Roast them till they are slightly golden (careful not to let them burn (approx. 10 minutes)
- In a blender, mix the kale leaves, the parsley, the olive oil, salt and pepper and the pistachios
- Cook the gnocchi following the instructions on the package, then drain. I usually roast them with a little of olive oil in a pan so they are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside
- Serve the gnocchi with the pesto, the fresh goat cheese, season to taste and drizzle with some olive oil if you want some more
- Top with the kale chips before serving