Gluten-Free Gnocchi, Brussel Sprouts, Fennel Sausage & Chestnuts
Since I’ve discovered the Italian delicatessen RAP in the 9th arrondissement, (Rue Fléchier / http://www.rapparis.fr/), I do love to go there to choose a ricotta di bufala (not found elsewhere), Colonnata bacon, fennel sausage (hot or not)…this delicatessen store has EVERYTHING you might look for. They are patient and service driven… pure pleasure !
Here’s a recipe with some ingredients I found on a Saturday when I strolled there: some dry fennel sausage and some smoked ricotta (so delicious) combining the subtleness of the ricotta and the stronger side of a smoked cheese).
The gluten-free gnocchi are from the Schär brand.
You can twist this recipe and drop the sausage ingredient if you don’t feel like meat.
- 300g Gluten-Free gnocchi
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil + some extra oil before serving
- 100g organic pre-cooked chestnuts, diced
- 1 cup dry fennel sausage, skinless and diced
- 1 large handful parsley leaves, chopped
- Guérande salt and pepper
- Some smoked ricotta slices to taste with the dish (optional)
- In a pan, pour the olive oil
- Add the Brussel sprouts, the sausage and the chestnuts. Let them cook till they are slightly golden
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water and drain them when they come back to the surface
- Mix them with the sprouts, sausage and chestnuts and cook them till they are roasted too
- Retrieve from the fire, season to taste and add the chopped parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with some smoked ricotta slices (optional)