The Box Dégustation by Gourmets de France – July 2019
On holidays in my beloved South-West region near Bordeaux, I just received the July Edition of the Box des Gourmets de France with two boxes actually : la box ‘Gourmets’ et la box ´Douceurs’ (aka one with sweet products and one with savory ones).
The idea is to receive in your mail box, seasonal and high-quality products from the great South West region of France. These beautiful products have been selected by a jury of Michelin Star awarded chefs as well as by MOF (that is the highest French reward in every food speciality – you have this award for pastry chefs but also fishmongers, sommeliers…).
In one of the box, I found jams by Sébastien Bras (3 Michelin stars with his restaurant Le Suquet), a delicious red wine from the Aveyron region (south center region of France) and from the Armagnac region (south west region of France), some black chocolate mendiants… an exceptional treasure in mail box don’t you think?
Box Gourmets by Chef Sébastien Bras:
- 1 NIAC: candied lemon zests, cumin and fennel by Sébastien Bras
- 1 NIAC: black olives, cane sugar and pepper by Sébastien Bras
- 1 pear and squash jam by Sébastien Bras
- 1 NIAC: candied orange zests, juniper berries and pepper by Sébastien Bras
- 1 citron and blueberry jam by Sébastien Bras
- 1 bottle of AOC Marcillac Cuvée Vieilles Vignes by Domaine du Cros (75 cl)
- 1 bottle of Domaine de Joÿ by Saint André (75cl)
- 1 box of honey figs by Gourmets
- 1 Laguiole cheese spread by Sébastien Bras
- 1 black cherry and Basque country cake by La Maison Favols
- 1 box of black chocolate mendiants by Thierry Bamas