The first time I’ve tried this recipe was for some icing on muffins and the result to remain objective was … not that convincing…
I didn’t want to stay on a bad memory so I started all over again with a new recipe and I mixed again…chocolate and avocado !
Trust me, the result is just… amazing. The avocado flavor completely disappears under the chocolate and gives a wonderful smooth texture to the mousse.
I did not add any coconut chantilly but I’m sure this could be a great topping option…
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup & 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 1/2 ripe avocados, peeled and stoneless
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- one pinch of salt
- one pinch of pepper
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients.
- With a blender, mix all the ingredients till you reach a smooth and homogeneous texture.
- Pour the mix into small bowls and store in the fridge for at least one hour. You can keep the little ‘chocolate mousse’ for two days. Cover the little bowls so the avocados do not oxyde and turn into a darker color.
- Serve plain or with a coconut milk chantilly.