Rice Noodles, Shrimps & Herb Sauce
This recipe is one of my cuisine’s great classics, while I improve the sauce every time I make it.
I’ve chosen shrimps and lots of different herbs, I love mixing smells and tastes. You can replace the shrimps by fish or thinly sliced meat…trust your imagination !
You need a number of asian ingredients to make the sauce, I advise you to by them all together so you can have them for good in your kitchen closet, I do use them often. I’ll write a post soon to give you that full precise pantry list.
- 8 large shrimps, peeled and cleaned
- 2 lrage handful rice noodles
- 1 large handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 large handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 handful chives, snipped
- 1 large handful peanuts, crushed
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp sesame sauce
- 1 tbsp nuoc-mâm
- grated fresh ginger (the size of a thumb)
- the juice of one lime and its zest
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (add one more if you think your sauce is too salty)
- Prepare the sauce, mixing all the ingredients
- Cook the noodles following the instructions on the package. Drain them
- Place them in bowls, top with shrimps, herbes, peanut and pour the sauce
- Serve quickly to eat warm