Almond & Parmesan Fluffy Little Cakes
I always thought almond meal was made for cakes…I was so wrong!
As a delicious proof, those fluffy cakes light as ‘soufflés’ with no almond ‘back taste’ whatsoever.
I use parmesan cheese very often because it is full of calcium, vitamin B12 and very low on lactose as well as fat.
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt and some pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tbs ground cumin
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large handful spinach leaves, cleaned and stemless then chopped
- 1 goat milk or soy milk yogurt
- 3 egg yolks
- olive oil
- fresh chopped herbs such as parsley, coriander
- Preheat your oven to 300°F
- In a bowl, combine the almond meal, the salt, the baking soda and cumin
- In another bowl, mix together the parmesan, the yogurt, the egg yolks
- Then mix the two bowls together and add the chopped spinach to the batter.
- Pour the mixture in small oven proof dishes (I use the metal ones for tartlets) covered with baking paper. Pack the mixture in each dish with the back of a spoon
- Bake till the ‘cakes’ are golden
- Serve warm and top with the chopped herbs and serve with delicious mixed greens. Do not wait too much before you eat them in order to taste this ‘fluffiness’