Grain Porridge with Pears & Almonds
Breakfast is really an essential moment of the day !
To change your morning menu, you have various solutions. Either you have attended one of our food workshops or you can follow the breakfast recipes published on this blog.
In this recipe, mixed grains, some almond milk, fresh fruits and some chopped almonds.
This dish can be prepared easily and quickly and your digestion will be slow and easy (with no sugar rush)…what more can I say?
Ah yes, all its benefits: an amazing combination of fibers, minerals, ingredients fighting bad cholesterol, antioxidants…have a GREAT day !
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup spelt oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds + 2 pinches more for serving
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 pears, peeled and cored, cut in sticks
- 12 plain almonds, chopped
- In a pan mix the almond milk and the grains
- Place the pan on the heat and let it simmer on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes till the grains soften slightly
- Remove from the fire and pour the mix into small bowls
- Top with pear sticks, chopped almonds and agave syrup before serving hot or at room temperature