Quinoa, Shrimps, Avocado & Green Apple
Quinoa is a ‘must do’ when you cannot have any wheat. Full of plant proteins and gluten free, you can combine it in salty or sweet recipes.
Here’s an easy to make and delicious recipe. Only request on my side: use organic shrimps – the ones garanteed by you local fish seller withouth any conservatives; the recipe will be so much more tasteful !
You can remove the shrimps for the most vegans of you and/or check on the next vegan post on quinoa with mushrooms and rucola.
- 200g white quinoa
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seedless and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoneless and diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 a bunch of chives, chopped
- 1 large handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 large handful parsley chopped
- 250g fresh peeled shrimps
- the juice of 2 limes and the zest of one
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 3 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp for the shrimps
- salt and pepper
- Pour some lemon juice on the apple and avocado bits to prevent them from turning brown
- Rince the quinoa and place it in a large pan. Cover it with cold and salted water. Let it cook till it’s tender (see the time instructions on the package). Drain and set aside
- In a pan, cook the shrimps in olive oil till the they are golden. Once golden, add them to the quinoa
- Add the apple, the avocado, the herbs, the cucumber and the lime zest
- Top with the lime juice, the olive oil and tamari sauce
- Season to taste