16 August 2014
Roasted Apricots, Coconut & Vanilla ‘Chantilly’
Nothing as simple as this recipe and the result is just divine!
The acidity of the apricots contrasts with the sweetness and softness of the coconut milk…yum…
- one kilo riped apricots
- some cane sugar
- one can coconut milk
- half a vanilla pod, cut in halves and ‘emptied’ with a knife
- a nice handful of roasted pistacchios
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- Place the coconut can in the fridge. Like mentionned in one of my previous posts, you can make ‘chantilly’ by using the solid part of the milk (not the water, who will remain at the bottom).
- Mix by whisking the coconut solid part and the vanilla.
- Cut each apricot in half and place them with the inside facing upwards in a oven dish covered with some baking paper.
- Sprinkle with cane sugar.
- Let them roast for 3/4 of an hour till they are golden. Finish with few minutes under the grill mode and keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Place the apricots in the plates and top them with some ‘chantilly’ and some pistacchios.
- Serve warm or hot.