Roasted Radishes, Goat Cheese, Lemon & Sprouts on Spelt Bread
Here’s a new comer to our ‘tartine’ club !
Have you ever tried to roast some pink radishes? Well I can tell you it’s damn delicious!
I confess, small pink radishes should not be bought during Fall as they are more Spring vegetables.
So if you want to be ‘by the book’, then roast some watermelon radishes (those ones are easily recognizable by their amazing fucshia color on the inside and tender green on the outside)
- approx. 15 small pink radishes, without the greens, cleaned and cut in halves
- 2 tbsp fresh goat cheese
- the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- the zest of 1/2 a lime
- sprouts (I’ve used alfafa)
- salt and pepper
- oilve oil
- 2 slices of spelt bread
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- In an oven plate, spread out the radishes and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Roast them till they are tender and lightly golden.
- Toast the spelt bread and spread the goat cheese.
- Top with the roasted radishes, the sprouts, the zest and the lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.