White Bean, Avocado, Radish, Mint & Basil Salad
White beans, from the legume family, do not deserve at all their ‘bad’ reputation… the fibers and plant proteins they contains have a lot of benefits for your health.
White beans are not yet seasonal (more from August to September) but you can find excellent organic white beans in cans.
Radishes on the opposite are fully seasonal and you can use different colors (pink, purple, yellow) for a beautiful visual result in your plate. In winter, the recipe will be just fine with black radish.
The lime juice, the avocado and the fresh herbs bring a twist and loads of vitamins to this recipe.
- 1 can white beans, drained (400g)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoneless and diced (drizzle with lemon juice to prevent it from browning)
- 1 handful mint and basil leaves
- about 30 radish slices use a mandolin for thin slices)
- Guérande salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- the juice of one lemon and the juice of half a lemon
- In a bowl, mix the white beans, the avocado, the radish slices and the herbs
- Season to taste and top with the olive oil and lemon juices
- Serve cold or at room temperature