Rice Noodle, Crab & Green Pea Salad
I’ve become an addict of rice noodles and the countless number of recipes you can make out of them.
Here’s a recipe with crab (the brand Chatka, is a real classic), green peas (buy some frozen ones, the season is supposed to be over), lime and herbs (as always) and some fresh ginger.
Try this recipe hot or tepid…delicious!
- 1 can of Chatka crab (140g), drained
- approx 120g rice noodles per person
- 2 cups fresh or unfrozen green peas
- 1 large handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 large handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 larges handful rucola leaves
- 5 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 tbsp tamari
- 1 fresh ginger knob, grated (approx. the size of a thumb)
- the juice of one lime
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce: the sesame oil, the tamari, the lime and grated ginger
- Cook the peas ‘al dente’ and place them under cold water just after cooking them, so they keep their strong green color; set aside
- Cook the noodles following the instructions on the package, drain them and pour them into your soup bowls
- Top with crab bits, green peas, rucola, herbs and sauce
- Serve hot or tepid