Quinoa, Roasted Butternut, Eggplant & Feta Salad
Indian Summer is still here and with it, the need and desire for colors in our plates.
And even if some ingredients (more from the beginning of the season) like tomatoes, pink radishes, green beans or artichokes, to mention a few, are more scarce on the market stalls…it doesn’t matter!
Color is everywhere, you just have to pay attention and look better.
Winter, which is a few days ahead on our calendars, will offer us a large palette of incredible colors.
You can count on me for cooking and sharing this color extravaganza in my future posts.
Here’s a simple recipe to make. And there you go! Color!
I’ve chosen quinoa as the main cereal but you can replace it with any cereal of your choice.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tbsp olive oil + 3 tbsp olive oil for the seasoning
- 2 middle size eggplants, peeled and diced
- 1/2 butternut, peeled and diced
- 1 cup eta, drained and diced
- 1 large handful flat parsley, chopped
- the zest and the juice of one lemon
- Guérande salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 300°F
- In an oven dish, place the butternut dices with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Let them roast till they are golden and slightly caramelized; Set aside and let them cool down
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa following the instructions on the package; Drain and set aside
- In a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil, brown the aubergines till slightly golden
- In alarge bowl, mix the quinoa, the butternut and eggplant dices, the feta, the lemon zest and chopped parsley
- Add the lemon juice and the remaining olive oil
- Season to taste before serving