Mozzarella di Bufala, Orange, Pomegranate & Rucola Salad
Spring is a little bit behind schedule but the colors are here! I went to the market last Sunday and everything was so colorful, beautiful, fresh and tempting…amazing !
I found some pomegranate, beautiful oranges and some mozzarella di bufala (much easier to digest than the regular milk mozzarella).
With its incredible level of antioxidants, Pomegranate has been a true friend all winter and can be bought every season as it comes from countries like Maghreb, Central Europe, India or even Israel.
To cut a pomegranate, wear an apron and cut both extreme sides of the grenade with a sharp knife. Then cut the fruit into quarters and then soak them into a water bowl. With your hands, slowly remove the seeds and they will float at the surface (and you will not paint your kitchen with pomegranate juice! )
- 200g rucola
- 1 large mozzarella di bufala ball, drained and sliced
- 2 large oranges, quartered and peeled (even remove the white skin on the flesh)
- 1 cup promegranate seeds (1 small size or half a large promegranate)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- the juice of one lemon
- Guérande salt and pepper
- parmesan and chopped fresh mint leaves to serve (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the rucola, the mozzarella, the orange quarters and the pomegranate seeds
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, season to taste and mix well all the ingredients
- Serve with shaved parmesan and chopped fresh mint leaves