Watercress Soup, Two Ways
A watercress soup !
A watercress soup in two different ways: one version rather ‘classic’ with ‘just ‘high quality’ ingredients and another version with some additional coconut cream. Funny how watercress flavours match with coconut…
Watercress has been known for ever with magical properties, both nutritional and curative. We know today that this plant growing in water is loaded with iron and calcium. Watercress is also great with vitamins, fibers and phosphorus!
Watercress leaves are strong green when it is really fresh .
To clean it, take the bunch by the stems and soak the leaves into a crystal clear vinegar-water solution. Then cut the stem skimming the knot holding the bunch. Rince again.
You’re ready to eat some watercress !
- 1 large watercress bunch, cleaned and cut
- 5 large potatoes, cleaned and peeled
- 1 l water
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 100 ml coconut cream
- some fresh herbs for serving
- Place the potatoes into the water with the coarse salt
- Cook the potatoes
- Once cooked, add the watercress and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes
- With a blender, mix all the ingredients till you get a liquid soup with no chunks
- For the second version, add the coconut cream and blend again
- Serve with fresh herbs and season to taste