Chicken & Broccoli Red Curry Soup & Rice Noodles
I’ve become – and I told you so- an unconditional lover of rice noodles.
I had to test the curry seasoning with those. Therefore, I went to my asian product supplier (the well-known Tang Frères in Paris) to find the curry paste to mix with the coconut milk.
Curry is a mix of mild and strong spices. You can find 3 colors for this curry paste: yellow, red and green.
Following my working neighborhood Thaï restaurant, the green one is more concentrated with peppers and the red one has more flavors and is more aromatic. I think the restaurant owner kind of simplified the curry topic for me, the color is not only showing the quantity of peppers but also all the others spices used in curry !
The most frequent ingredients used in the making of curry are ginger, garlic, onion, garlic, coriander, cardamom, clove, pepper and curcuma (a great anti-inflammatory root!).
I’ve chosen the red curry paste for this soup; This dish came out just perfect as we could taste the spice as well as all the ingredient aromas and flavors.
- 250g rice noodles
- 2 large broccoli florets, then cut into smaller florets
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken filets, diced
- the juice of one lemon
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp red curry paste (if you want a hotter dish, add more curry paste)
- Guérande salt and pepper
- In a pan, cook the chicken dices with the olive oil till they are golden; Set aside
- In a bowl, mix the curry paste and 2 tbsp of hot water. Mix till the paste dissolves in the water and then add it in the coconut milk. Mix well and warm gently the mixture in a pan
- Steam the broccoli and when it’s nearly done and still crunchy, throw the florets in iced water; they will keep their vivid green color
- Cook the rice noodles following the instructions on the package
- In a bowl, place the drained noodles, the coconut milk and curry, the chicken, the broccoli. Add the lemon juice and top with coriander
- Season to taste and serve warm