Sautéed Tofu, Spinach, Tomatoes & Pine Nuts
I had to post a tofu recipe for many reasons.
First of all, because tofu has a bad reputation of a tasteless ingredients with no fun.
Second of all, because my dear friend Yetta (http://www.latyworld.com/fr/) cooks it so well and I had to equal as much as possible her talent! I think I did not dare to cook it before I had found my own proper recipe good enough to be in a post….
Well, well seasoned and cooked, tofu becomes an excellent and delicious idea, you can trust me.
Without forgetting its countless vertues: it is an excellent source of low fat proteins. It is loaded with A, E, D and B vitamins as well as minerals, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and calcium.
- 125g firm tofu, diced
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 6 small tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 piece of ginger, peeled and grated (the size of a thumb)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp tamari (the soy sauce without wheat)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 2 tbsp for the salad and some extra for serving (optional)
- the juice of one lemon
- 5 cups spinach, cleaned
- 1 handful parsley leaves, chopped
- Guérande salt and pepper
- 2 slice spelt (optional)
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and the sesame oil and brown the shallot as well as the grated ginger
- Add the tofu, the curry powder and the tamari. Mix well and let it simmer on low heat till the tomatoes and tofu caramelize
- In your oven, under the grill mode, roast the pine nuts. Set aside
- Prepare the seasoning for the spinach salad by mixing the juice of half a lemon and two table spoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the spinach and stir well again
- Add the tofu to the spinach, pour the rest of the lemon juice, the parsley, the pine nuts, season to taste
- You can also top the tofu mixture on a slice of toasted spelt bread (top with lemon juice, pine nuts, parsley and drizzle with some olive oil before serving)