Fresh Mango & Coconut Milk ‘Trifles’
A ‘trifle’ is a typical English dessert, traditionally made of fresh fruits, Chantilly and Jello.
Here’s an unstructured and vegan version: the agar agar, a gelling agent is mixed with the coconut milk and the fresh mango is pureed.
I did not add any Chantilly (it would be possible with iced coconut milk; just place a coconut milk can in your fridg, scoop the cream on top – the water will be underneath- and whip it as a Chantilly) but added pistachios and chia seeds.
- 1 coconut milk can
- 1 mango, peeled and stoneless, diced
- ½ tsp agar agar
- the zest of ½ a lime
- 1 handful blanched pistachios
- 1 handful chia seeds
- With a blender, mix the mango to a puree
- In a pan, heat the coconut milk and slowly add the agar agar while stirring constantly
- Add the lime zest and stir again
- Do not bring to a boil, keep on low heat for 10 minutes
- Pour the mango puree into small bowls and slowly add the coconut milk
- Let the trifles cool down and store in your fridge for at least two hours
- Sprinkle with chia seeds and pistachios