White Tuna ‘Ventresca’, Cantaloupe, Coriander & Balsamic
Do you know that cantaloupe blends really well with salty ingredients and with condiments such as balsamic vinegar?
Here’s a great example with a salad made of canned white tuna ‘ventresca’ (the fish belly part – only use fine quality ‘ventresca’ such as ORTIZ and their beautiful tin cans), deglazed cantaloupe and coriander leaves !
- 2 cups cantaloupe (make small cantaloupe balls)
- 200g white tuna ‘ventresca’, drained
- 1 tbsp Xeres vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil for the cantaloupe balls and 1 extra for the sauce
- 1 tsp Meaux mustard
- 1 large handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Guérande salt and pepper
- In a pan, pour the olive oil and the cantaloupe balls. When they are slightly golden and not too squishy, add the Xeres vinegar to deglaze them. Keep on the heat for 1 minute
- Display the tuna bits and the cantaloupe balls on your plates / serving dish
- Mix all the sauce ingredients and pour the sauce on the cantaloupe/ tuna
- Top with coriander, salt and pepper