I just discovered almond butter and I’m under choc! Take dried almonds, place them in your food processor and Ta da! After few minutes, once the oils have released from the almonds, it becomes a lot more fluid and you will get the almond butter, a spread like Nutella only healthier. You can use it on toasts or in cookies, cakes….divine ! You can add flavours like cinnamon, cocoa powder, honey… I’ll try later and post the recipes for you.Ingredients:
- 1 cup 1/2 organic dried almonds
- Preheat your oven to 300°F. Roast the almonds spread out in an oven dish. Let them cool down.
- Then, place them in the bowl of your food processor and let it grind the almonds on medium speed.
- After a few minutes, the almond pulp will start to gather more moisture. This is just the almond releasing it’s oils, and that’s a good sign. Keep going. After few minutes (depending on your food processor), you will get a dough consistency and then a creamy and smooth almond butter (it took me 10 minutes but it can take up to 20 minutes).
- Keep in a jar and in the fridge for few days.