I have tried to bake Madeleines and yesterday night was my third time. And it worked! Yay ! The previous occasions were really bad for my cooking ego with Madeleines not looking at all like…. Madeleines… Well, after some research, here are some tips which are quite useful: – you must put the dough in the fridge for at least 3 hours to a full night. The thermal choc will help those little cakes rise better – you shoud not fill up the Madeleines cake pans till the very top but to a 3/4. Otherwise, with the heat the dough will be actually happy to go all over the place (gasp)Ingredients (for 14 Madeleines):
- 80gr vegan margarine
- 2 eggs (I’ve replaced the eggs by 2 tsp flaxmeal and 6 tsp water)
- 100gr sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- the juice and zest of one lemon
- 50gr almond meal
- 100gr gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp gluten free baking power
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- The day before: Melt the vegan margarine. In a bowl, mix the eggs (or ‘false’ eggs), the sugar, and then the honey, the lemon juice and zest, the flours, the baking powder, the Xanthan gum and the almond meal. Add the margarine. Leave the dough in the bowl and place it in the fridge, covered with some plastic wrap.
- D Day: Preheat your oven to 350°F. In your buttered and floured baking pan, leave some dough in each Madeleine space with the help of two spoons.
- Bake till a knife point comes back clean when placed in the enter of a Madeleines (careful so they don’t burn)